Saturday, May 7, 2011

Now to combat the Visually Appealing

So Ashcan's post of a Sexy Dexy pic (shut up. Rhyming is cool) instantly reminded me of this certain type of Japanese doll known for its pretty features, emo expressions, and hefty pricetag. Like this one:

But I'd forgotten the name and decided to Google Image search my way back into knowledge. I typed in "dolls Japanese". Aaaaaaaaand this is what popped up:


In retrospect, I don't know what I was expecting.

(Oh and the one I was actually thinking of? They're called Super Dollfie. Doll number two's pic is taken from Pink Tentacle and is one of a series of images of dolls that were apparently used as obstetric teaching devices. Helpful learning tools or no, the pics still come across looking like some serial killer's wet dream. Actually kind of worth a view.)

1 comment:

  1. I know a girl here who collects there (and I remember seeing them in Japan) and they are CRAZY expensive. Where I do find some adorable I don't know if I could ever put that much money into a doll. But I prefer my plushies.

    Doll #2 is proof of how life has become less exciting over time. The past knew where it was at.

    ReplyDelete