Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DAY OFF

My internet is so slow it makes me want to cry. No work for me today. Yesterday I was called in early to be prepared for a local fundraiser. No bueno. So I'm looking for a new job. Applied to a few but the one I'd love to take is to be a receptionist at an animal hospital. The boring life of a college graduate.

I feel like your life is only as exciting as the people you keep in your company. Being an anti-social hermit does not help. It's hard to know if you are doing the right things with your life but I KNOW that me sitting around doing absolutely nothing is the wrong thing and yet, I just keep on doing it.

I tell myself things like "I would draw more if I had a workspace and a drafting table" or "I would exercise more if I lived in an apartment where it was free and convenient." It's too easy to find reasons not to be productive.

For example: Yesterday I got a reply back from my craigslist trollings the night before. I had messaged someone who seemed serious about having a work out buddy. I was hoping it was a chick seeing as they were adamant about dieting, yoga and making personal goals but I wasn't too surprised when I discovered Bill, my middle aged potential rapist. After explaining to Bill that we weren't what the other was looking for I went out to buy myself some on sale cookies and candy, take a nap, go to work and eat a foot long corn dog, eat ice cream out of boredom, and receive free fries at the end of the night. Needless to say, I was not the workout partner Bill was looking for.

I am however supposed to be working on illustrating a few short stories that I haven't really felt motivated to work on. I usually find myself fighting with my internet or playing pokemon till I have a boredom nap. I'd like to have a hobby that made me happy but everything I want to do requires me learning how to do it and it's more a pain than it is fun (knitting).

Here's a list of things I need to do: put gas in my car, get a new front wheel on my car, eat lunch, shower, pick up my package from ups/ make ups deliver it to me somehow (they're being bitches), sketch for the story I'm supposed to be illustrating, find my bike keys, find a new job. I haven't felt very motivated to do anything productive today. I've called around a lot about my package and why they won't deliver it to me. Currently waiting for a call back that I probably won't get. I'm starting to think they took my number down wrong. The funny thing is my package is my GPS. I suck at driving and if I want it I have to drive somewhere 30 mins away which gives me way too many opportunities of getting lost when they could have just set it outside my front door 4 days ago when it got to Austin.

I'm currently playing a game with myself called "pretend not to be clingy and needy" game or "make him talk to you first/only speak when spoken to" game. I may or may not have made things awkward with the current boyfriend by being lazy and indecisive and inviting myself to stay at his place while he went to work (hoping to take advantage of his high-speed internet and hot water). I was denied and told it would indeed be "weird" so I've felt like a creeper ever since and am playing the "I totally don't need your attention" game but it probably won't really work because he assumes I'm asleep if I'm not talking. It's too bad that you have to dumb yourself down for most people to be able to handle your awesomeness.

Here's a fun family update: Yesterday my younger sister Callie had to have surgery to remove/drain an abscess she discovered in her crotchel region. This fast growing puss wound is thought to have been caused by "shaving." Thank you world for making me paranoid about yet one more thing. And I've been needing to shave my legs....

I'm off to eat and not exercise some more today and maybe get one thing on my list accomplished even though I'm not in a showering mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment